Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Spring Spring!



The air smells like flowers and sweet young grass.

DeDe's garden is already gorgeous.











As you can see, the horses all got rearranged while I was gone. Jewel and Lilah are in together.



Teddy Bear is in the main herd. Poco Joe is in there too, but she doesn't seem to want to kill him. Yay!



Remmy is still himself.



Solomon is in with Dewley (or however it is spelled) and the Little Bay Gelding. He had a lot to say to me when I came up the walk. He was happy to get out to graze.



Shin is still amazed by everything in the universe.



Getting Solomon into the roundpen was easy enough. This seems more amazing if you don't note the edge of a feed pan in a couple frames, haha!



Many shots of Sol in the roundpen.





























Followed by cool down- me walking around with him following me.



He got all sweaty!



These days I can grab his ear (gently) and he doesn't even care.



I peeked into the big pasture through the fence, and discovered that it was nap-n-roll time for Poco Joe and Magic!

Poco Joe:







Magic:











While Solomon grazes, hope springs eternal for the other horses. Maybe they'll get to come out? Sorry, not today.





Well, Bo and DeDe were not home, so there wasn't much to do beyond filling a couple troughs. Some of them I wasn't sure about whether or not they were being allowed to get drunk down so they could get cleaned out.

Before I left, however, I changed into an outfit for a dinner party. This is actually how I dress a lot of the time. I think it works for me a lot better than jeans and a frumpy stained t-shirt. Bo missed out on getting to raise his eyebrows and roll his eyes though, hah! I set up the self timer.





Oh hi, waist. Nice to see you again!

No comments: