Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Movie Day!

Hey folks,
Today I'm doing something a little different. I made some movies!
The sound quality isn't so great. I used Windows Movie Maker. I also have Adobe Premier, but I not only don't know how to use it, but it doesn't accept the particular .avi format my camera records videos in. Pooh. Anyone know of a better quality bit of movie making freeware than the one that comes with Windows?

So.
These videos pretty much establish two things.
1. I am turning 30 this month but I sound like I am 12, and,
2. I'm a giant dork, but I am enjoying life and isn't that what it's all about anyway?

Solomon and I went for a walk. He wasn't feeling terribly obedient and he's quite barn sour, but we managed... eventually!



A brief tour of the tack room and Solomon getting his feed pan.



Solomon goes a-wandering. I don't know what it is about Teddy Bear- for half of her heat cycle, at least, she just hates him, and will kick the fence constantly if he is nearby. The other half she nickers at him. He is so in love with her. Guess he likes the hard to get girls.







Shin with his two Arab mares.





So glad the two are getting along!

And finally, the end of the day. A little roundpenning, a bit of interaction with other horses, a touch of ranch chores, and Solomon with a little bit of love left for me as I am about to head home.



When I went in the house, Bo and DeDe had a surprise for me- a birthday gift! I got some lovely hand soap, and two lovely Mrs. Meyer's products- shower cleaner and air freshener. I don't know what it is, but that stuff smells so good! I'd asked DeDe about it earlier in the month, and she was clever and picked some up. I also got a great card of a laughing horse. :D The horse's face was silly, quite like the faces Solly regularly pulls. Just perfect. Thanks very much, you two! :D

No comments: