Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A minor miracle!

Well, when I was up at the ranch last, I decided to clean and refill the trough in Solly's pasture. Poco Joe, who was just being playful and curious, pulled my camera out of my pocket by the strap and dropped it in a deep puddle. I was sure it would be completely dead, but I immediately removed the batteries and let it dry out for most of the week. Today I was able to retrieve the pictures I took Monday! I don't know if the camera is back 100%, but it hasn't been at 100% for a good while now. I asked for a new one for Christmas anyway, :}

There is a unique joy that comes with introducing someone to horses! My friend Susan is a self-proclaimed city girl. She had only ever seen vultures at the zoo, even!

She'd ridden on one of those short guided trail strings a couple of times when she was younger, but had never really had the chance to interact with horses.



I'm so grateful that my Solly is such a sweet boy!



I told Susan to hold her hands out so Solomon would follow them.

No comments: