Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Bo training videos

Hey folks, I have two days worth of photo blog to give you, but I wanted to post these today before I have to run out of town.

I took some candid videos of Bo training Lilah, an unbroke 14 year old broodmare who is VERY nervous and snorty. Someone tried the "buck 'er out" training method, which really didn't work well with her personality type. Here you can see Bo's patient training methods, and how he lowers the energy of the situation when Lilah starts to fall apart. We know things aren't perfect in the videos, but hopefully you all enjoy them and maybe come away with something to think about!





No comments: