Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Our last ride... (for now at least)

Okay.
This was taken a couple of days before Solomon went through the fence. It might be our last ride ever. It might be our last ride for a while. It's with the new saddle.
I'll warn you that my equitation still really sucks. My hands are still really high and I don't know how to get the stubby things down past my boobs. My arms are short compared to my midriff too. And I keep the reins TOO loose most of the time, somehow they always keep getting looser. But I was working on that. :p My feet also don't really properly reach the stirrups- I have to add some holes. Heh. Not a supermodel and the clothing and pics aren't too flattering for me, oh well!
Anyway, here's a pic of us standing together. He chomps at the bit when he isn't being asked to do anything. It's the french link snaffle that BigDreams sent us.
image
Here we are outside of the arena. There was a SCARY TRUCK driving past!
image
And finally, a video. I know I suck still, heh. And I was doing two-handed crossing over the neck reining 'cos that's what my instructor told me to do last time. Every time I ride someone tells me to do something different with the reins. Luckily Solly has been very patient with that lately. I don't know what's going to happen ridingwise in the future though. Guh I will not cry.
Might take it a moment to process.

No comments: