Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh yeah, here it is!

http://crestridgesaddlery.com/sonatasynthetic.shtml

It's the one with the foam seat. They used it once, they said. They're charging $500. I guess it's a good deal? But ye gods this crap is expensive. Still, it fits my horse, which is a minor miracle. I was amazed, if the gullet had been any lower it really wouldn't have, and it couldn't have been narrower either. My horse is a double-wide shark. Heh.

Something I do need to consider though, before I go over and make the purchase tomorrow, is the stirrups.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/grd/856426231.html see here it is in the ad.

And here are the fenders it uses, I do believe:
http://crestridgesaddlery.com/fenders.shtml

As it is on the saddle right now, my feet don't reach it. Big surprise. I was so happy about it fitting my horse comfortably that I just ignored the stirrups and rode around without them. I know, I know, I'm a freak and I prefer not using stirrups. But I really ought to get a saddle that my legs can reach the stirrups on. The good news is that it looks like they are detachable, if what I am seeing on the page is right, so if somehow it can't be made to reach at all, well, hell, I can take them off and maybe find a way to put on the silly little endurance saddle stirrups. Maybe. We'll see. I'm taking imaginethewolf along with me tomorrow. She'll take a look too, be my voice of reason since I clearly do not have one myself, and then we can play with Solly. :)

No comments: