Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Good news, bad news

Good news: My husband had gallbladder surgery yesterday, and came through just fine.

Bad news: The fires have already started in California. There is one down near Santa Barbara, and some equines are already missing. :( I hope everyone will be found and it will all turn out okay. I remember when I lived down there seeing a little memorial for horses who had died in one of the big fires. Once they get going, it is very very hard to stop the fires or clear out of their path when you have livestock.

3 comments:

BuckdOff said...

I'm so glad your husband's surgery went so well. One of my friend's husbands had the operation last year, he took it easy for about a week, then went back to work. The fires scare me, we have nothing like that here. Take care.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that your hubby's surgery went well. Sending healing vibes so he will get well soon!

So sad to see Santa Barbara burn up. I know the area very well and they homes that are burning were beautiful. Kind of dumb to build there where they were but still so very sad the owners have lost so much.

My first husband worked for the Santa Barbara City Fire dpt and their biggest fear was the palm trees catching on fire.

Evergrey said...

Thank you so much for the well-wishes, both of you!

The fires really scare me too :(

I don't like palm trees, just like I don't like eucalyptus. They are giant bombs. :(