Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Porch baby!

Note: this is the third horse post in a row that I am posting today. Be sure to scroll down and read the other two!

The foal needed her own post today. She was just full of cute.

Today there was a New Person OMG, and Dede was also on the porch, so Magic and her baby had to investigate. There was a pair of shoes on the porch that captured Magic's attention the whole time for some reason. The foal, however, wanted humanloves.


She is starting to lose some of her baby hair around her eyes, nose, and butt.


"Hi, give me loves!" After getting head pettings, she turned around to get butt skritches. She looooves butt skritches, but Dede told me to not give them to her every time she turns around, because otherwise she'll just turn her butt to anyone who comes along, and that's not good for a number of reasons.


Magic, in the meantime, played peek-a-boo.


And here Magic looks wise, or maybe like she has a secret.


Later in the day, the baby took a nap!


HEEEEE!

No comments: