Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Solomon gets his teeth floated.

Solomon got all his shots and his teeth floated today!
I didn't get pictures of the shots, though that isn't very exciting anyway, but I did get tooth floating pics. The vet was very nice and she did everything herself!
I am not sure if you can tell well from this picture, but horse people and non horse people, these are some bad bad haven't been floated in years if ever teeth:










This is a very stoned horse. They needed to give him *3* sedation shots. He fought it and fought it.

After the procedure was done, he leaned on me and swayed. I made sure I was fall enough forward that if he fell over, it wouldn't be on top of me, heh. But he used me for balance, and I let him. Poor baby was so stoned. We used a stall closer to the outlet.

Thank you so much everyone who made this happen. Solomon says thank you, or he will when his jaw stops hurting. There were abrasions on his cheeks and tongue from those teeth. Now everything is nice and smooth.

Also, Solomon peed and halfway through decided to do the willy-shaking thing. He hosed down his chest and legs and almost got a lady who was walking past. There was like a 10 foot plume of urine spraying out in front of him. It was epic. Is this seriously abnormal? Or is it the drugs?

5 comments:

BuckdOff said...

Hi Evergrey, found your blog site on the Fugly site, everyone misses you and Sol. We really like your stories. There are mean people out there but do not let them get you down. Glad the teeth floating went well, take care...Hug Solomon for me..J.

callyellen said...

Hey, Ev! I wanted to stop by from the FHOTD board too (I'm ButIWantedAPony over there). Just wanted to check in and see how you guys are doing. I'm sorry the thumbless wonder was such a jackass to you, but if you want, you can always come back and hang out in the non-horse related section! We miss you!!!

nope said...

Hey! It's cursivenight from Fugly and I totally agree with the lat two posters (about coming back and liking your stories and missing you and all that wonderful stuff).

I am now going to stalk your blog. -evil face-

The horse lawyer said...

Sorry Ev, I "outed" you. I just couldn't let the good folks keep wondering about you and Sol.

About the urine spraying: I have never seen a horse do exactly what you describe, but often all those tranquilizers make them relax in more ways than one, if you get my meaning.

Evergrey said...

Eeep! Well uh thank you, hi people! :o
Welcome to my blog. Ye olde Ev (me) is a little out of it right now thanks to some mead, but hey, I updated. :) Solomon says hurhurhur and wants to know if you have brought the proper tribute in the form of carrots for His Highness the Big Grey Baby. <3 But I'll tell you a secret- he'll settle for pettings.