Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Solomon will probably move early.

Solomon is probably going to move early.
Yesterday I found out that his previous owner stole a couple of horses off the property. I guess the BO is going with the sheriff to get them back. She was kind of evasive over the whole thing. Solomon had something sticky all over his lower front legs. Whatever it was, it didn't really smell like anything, but I washed it off. I took Edwin (my best friend and housemate) out there to meet him, but it wasn't the best introduction because Sol was acting weird, really restless and dancy and he kept shaking his head and trying to itch it on me. I carefully rubbed fly spray on his face and left the mask off when I left, in case it was the mask causing irritation.
But yeah, Sol was freaked about something. I didn't even feel safe picking his back feet. I don't want him to get caught in the middle of drama between the BO and her ex-boyfriend who the BO told me co-owned Sol with her before I bought him. The craziness isn't his fault, and honestly I have enough of my OWN brand of crazy to deal with already. I called up the vet, who can vaccinate him tomorrow, since up-to-date vaccinations are required at the new place. I called up the new place and she said it was fine to bring him early. I'm sure I'll have to pay for it, and it means a little over half a month's board will go down the drain, but I do NOT want someone to pull something with Solomon to get revenge on someone else. I want him out of there now, and I want him to be someplace safe and clean.
I'm not freaking out about it, strangely. I'm just tired of the crazy-go-round.

2 comments:

The horse lawyer said...

Oh, the joys of horse ownership. Seriously, though, I'll be glad when the dramarama is over for the poor guy (and you too, of course.)

Evergrey said...

I will be SO glad.
They had a cancellation at the horse clinic so the dentist and the vet can see him tomorrow morning. Maybe MAYBE I can get the BO to trailer him to the new place. I hope so, I really do hope so. It'll drain away a good chunk of my disability backpay (which is the only reason I've been able to do any of this) but it'll keep Solomon healthy and safe and he'll be so much happier. And gods, so will I. I won't have worry about what's being done and what's NOT being done when I'm not there any more. Hossmoor has an excellent reputation. The vet's wife is the receptionist, and she was really happy to hear that I was moving him.