Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Argh

Today Solomon nipped my arm, but it was my fault for falling off the treat wagon and hand feeding him too much. :p Back to the bucket!

The disturbing thing I learned today, though, was about the kids. One of 'em rode Solomon around bareback without permission. Claimed they mistook him for Hollywood, who is a skinny Arab almost short enough to be a pony. Yeah right, not buying it. THEN I found out that yesterday the parents dropped the kids off (he's around 9, she's around 6)at 9am and picked them up at 10pm. All they were given was a couple of sodas and a bag of cheetos. I'm told someone called CPS and they were going to investigate or something, but we'll see. Shit, if it continues like that, I will call CPS. I told the barn owner that if one of the kids gets hurt there they may be liable and that could be the end of them.

So now I'm worried for the kids and I'm worried for the horses. Argh.

No comments: