Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I get funny looks...

...at the barn.
Okay so the fact is I only own one pair of pants. They are suddenly too loose, so I need to tun them through the washer and dryer on high heat a couple of times.
My laundry? WAY overdue. Way.
So today I'm wearing black leggings, a looong black skirt, and a black T-shirt that I got for free at E-3 years ago. Heh. Perfect for standing out in the sun for hours. :/
On the bright side, this outfit does not stain visibly. :p

In other news, I think I am going to lose my goth card.
I think I actually lost my goth card some time ago. :o Just cant' be bothered with the makeup and all that. Let the college kids spend all that time dolling themselves up.
But anyway, yeah. I have a tan. I did not want a tan, and I put on sunblock, but I have one anyway.
It looks weird.
On the positive side though, I find myself walking differently, when my ankles allow it. More upright. More confident. Longer strides. It's a good thing. :)
I'm going to Rayley's for a bucket, a soft sponge, a tooth brush, and some skin-so-soft oil. Spray bottle if they have it. Lucky's would be cheaper, but it's the opposite direction from the barn, so I would be spending more overall thanks to current gas prices.
I will soon need one of those big grooming supply boxes, heh. There's stuff in the mail, after all.
On the bright side, the barn owner is going to assist me with the sheath cleaning when the time comes. This is good for a number of reasons. She can tell me just how to do it. She can squirt the excalibur so I do not contaminate the bottle. Best of all, it will look less strange to the uninformed with two people working on him, one being the owner of the place, heh.

No comments: