Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

PS- I was wrong, thank the gods.

I am very happy to say that all 53 horses survived the 4th of July, and there did not seem to be any injuries. I'm glad I was just psyching myself out, and they were fine. The barn owner stayed out there with them and soothed any horses that were afraid.

I like what Joe from TB friends had to say though:
"California is on fire, yet they still have fireworks. Sound thinking..."

No comments: