Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day in pictures

Sol was rather soft and clean just about all over. Did something bathe him in the night? Heh. He was looking glossy, and now his spots are coming back... He turns almost completely white in the winter, but in the summer he has brown spots and black spots all over his body. Fleabitten they call it.

Anyway he was looking- overall, rather flowy, not scraggly and terribly muddy.




Venus was Very Interested in whatever business I was about. She is taking her duties of miss princess future alpha mare VERY seriously, I'll have you know!





I'll admit, I had my hand under that chin because I was a little worried that she was going to start nipping, as this is the New Fun Thing, but she was a good girl.





If I were rich, I would totally see if I could buy Venus just so she and Sol would have each other forever... though I'd get her trained and find a compassionate girl who wants to do something equestrian that Venus would be good at, eventually.

Critter

There is something wrong with critter. He has foot problems big time, and I guess a vet x-rayed him today. His feet hurt a lot, even with special shoes.
But Critter is also not eating, it seems, or not very much.
I think maybe Critter also gets lonely.
I brought Sol in for the night because there was rain that was supposed to be coming. Sad sad sad only maybe rain, as it happens, but for tonight at least, Critter will not be alone.



Why, how rude!


Critter was so happy to see Solomon that he stood with his muzzle pressed against Sol's neck.

Solomon, for his part, did not bite critter, which shows approval according to him, I think, and then he was so happy to steal Critter's hay from under the paddock mat.

Oh and this was the other day, but:


I am a mom, albeit a horse mom, so I have to have photos like this. Horses aren't easily embarrassed like kids are though. In fact, really they have no shame. But the photos still make me laugh! :D

No comments: