Hi, I'm Ev. I'm training to become a horsewoman. These are my adventures and misadventures. I'm green as hell, but so far, so good. I'm now learning from Bo (and sometimes his wife DeDe) at D&D Ranch in Pope Valley. I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, I feel quite blessed, and I feel that they, and horses, have really turned my life around.
Solomon is my baby- a big old flea bitten grey Appendix gelding who is very kind and way too smart! I love him so very much. He is a rescue and was meant to be co-owned rehabbed, and maybe rehomed to a good home. He turned out to be over 25 years old with injuries that ultimately do not make him riding sound, so he is retired.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The hat.

Solly's hoof is actually looking pretty good today!
He's still moving slowly, and I think he's a little sore, but hopefully he'll be doing better soon.
Today we spent a looong time with hoof care and grooming. A scrub jay was stealing his loose hair for a next.
Lots of ticks lost their heads for the revolution!
Lots of spray was applied.
Then I walked him back.

And he noticed my new hat!



So of course I let him try it on.



Doesn't he just look pleased with himself?

No comments: